Thursday, March 26, 2009

My weekend

This has nothing to with adoption or infertility but just what is going on in my life, work life to be exact.
I am running a training this weekend and It is a HUGE deal. I think everything is ready (obviously If I have time to post at work then I am ready). It is just kind of nerve racking for people from all over the country to fly to Pasadena to hear me tell them how to run an INSIGHT program.

You see it is actually my anniversary, one year ago this week, I started this job. I took over from another girl who had been starting this office. (this is all really hard to explain) There has been an INSIGHT program for the last 9 years, but expanding it to new locations is a NEW thing. My new thing. In the last year I have learned how to run a program, wrote the training manual (literally) created a training program and now in less than 24 hours will be teaching this training to representatives from 4 locations that want to start their own INSIGHT program. I am a little overwhelmed.

The greatest part about this it is is so obvious that there is no way that anyone could look at me and say what an amazing person you are or wow you are so talented. If you knew me and saw these results you would instantly give God all the glory for this work. I am wreck, and He somehow pulled all of this off over the last year. It makes me hopeful when I look to the future. There is so much more to be accomplished, but I know that God is not done, and He will continue to work and pull together more than I can imagine!

Please pray for me and my confidence over the weekend. And that we are able to accomplish all that we need to do in just two days. yall are amazing!

7 comments:

B MoM said...

Wow, Melissa. i think you sound very impressive. =) Also, it's true, you've accomplished a lot with God's help, but I dont think He would take all the credit. You put in the time and the effort. You were just blessed with God given talents. =) I'll pray you have a great weekend, but I bet you'll do just fine no matter what.

Jessica White said...

Good luck! I'll be praying for you that it all goes well. I know that when I'm dealing with these kind of things, that anything that I do is only through God.

Beautiful Mess said...

Good for you! You did this with guidance. You should take some credit. Have a wonderful weekend!
*ICLW*

Anonymous said...

Although, I'm sure you'll do just fine - I'll be praying for you.

Yay! For finishing those adoption classes - we'll be starting our first class tomorrow and already dreading it. Hopefully my classes are as insightful as yours was.

Stacie said...

Wow! What an accomplishment! Sending you good vibes for a successful weekend! GOod luck!

ICLW

Jo said...

Congratulations on your achievements -- it is clear that you are a hard worker. God works WITH us to achieve great things!

You will be amazing, I am sure.

Hugs,
Jo

Nishant said...

know that when I'm dealing with these kind of things, that anything that I do is only through God.

Work from home India